PlayStation 5 is updated regularly and Sony Interactive Entertainment It offers beta testers the chance to pre-try some of the upcoming features, as was the case last summer with 1440p for example. Rumor has it that next Firmware Huge in preparation (the designation 7.0 is not officially used at the moment) brings increased integration of disagreement And Stream PS5 games in Zipper. Ok, the PlayStation Blog Just announced what’s new in the beta program available today, but only voice chat is running disagreement Well quoted.
In addition to voice chat disagreementwe find other social features, the VRR In 1440p or the possibility to transfer our data between PS5. You can find the full list and all the details below.
As the PlayStation 5 continues to evolve, we’re excited to bring new features to our community. Today we’re rolling out a new beta version of the PS5 system software. It includes many fan-requested features, such as Discord voice chat and 1440p variable refresh rate support. It also introduces several interface and accessibility improvements, as well as social features that will make playing with friends easier and enhance your gaming experiences on the PS5 console.
Invited users who participate in the beta and are residents of the United States, Canada, Japan, United Kingdom, Germany, or France will receive an email with instructions for downloading and running the beta. As with previous beta releases, some features eventually may not make it to the next final version of the system software, or may be significantly changed before they are rolled out worldwide in the coming months.
Let’s review some of the new features:
New social features
- Join a Discord voice chat from the PS5 console. You can now join Discord server voice chats from your PS5 console and easily chat with your friends on most gaming platforms. To do so, follow these steps to link your Discord and PlayStation Network accounts from your PS5 console*. Then use the Discord app on your mobile device or computer to enjoy voice chats on your PS5 console (make sure the Discord app has the latest update). Your Discord friends will also be able to see your online status and the games you’re playing.
- Suspension : If you’ve already linked your PlayStation Network and Discord accounts in the past to view the games you’re playing, you’ll need to repeat the process on your PS5 console in order to grant the necessary permissions to Discord voice chat.
- Start or request a screen share from a friend’s profile. You can now send a screen sharing request or share your own screen with a friend from their profile. Simply select the screen sharing icon on their profile to start a new session.
- New “Join Group” icon in group chats. On the voice chat map, an icon allows group members to join your game in progress. You can directly join the game by selecting the player and then selecting [Rejoindre la partie] in the list.
- New tiles “Play Friends”. On gaming portals, you can now see which of your friends owns the game, who is online, and who is currently playing it. Check the box to see your friends’ activities. You can also access their profile for more interaction options.
- Manually upload screenshots to the PlayStation app. You can now select individual screenshots or video clips and manually send them to the PS app from the PS5 console, then easily share them on social media or with your friends. ** This feature complements the PS app feature. Autosend is currently on the PS App.
New gameplay and customization options
- Variable refresh rate support for 1440p resolution. You can now enjoy smoother graphics performance on VRR-capable HDMI 2.1 displays at 1440p resolution when playing VRR-enabled titles. ***
- We’ve also updated the 1440p output settings for the PS5 console, allowing this resolution to be supported on a wider range of HDMI displays.
- To check if your HDMI device is compatible, go to [Paramètres] > [Écran et vidéo] > [Sortie vidéo] > [Tester la sortie 1440p].
- Game library improvements.
- It is now possible to sort and filter games as they are added to the list.
- Use the library’s filters to easily find all of your PSVR games for example, or PSVR 2 titles after they’re released later this month.
- Game Presets – Multiplayer Session Preferences. Set your preferences for who can join your game and who can invite other players to multiplayer sessions you create on supported games.
- meet at [Paramètres] > [Données sauvegardées et paramètres des jeux/applications] > [Préréglages des jeux] > [Sessions multijoueurs en ligne]then select your preferences with [Qui peut rejoindre] And [Qui peut inviter].
New features for accessibility and ease of use
- Migrate save data from PS4 to PS5. We’ve added two ways to easily access your PS4 save data on your PS5 console:
- When you download or install a PS4 game on your PS5 console, a notification will indicate that save data is available on cloud storage in your PlayStation Network account (if your PS5 console has not saved data for this game). You will then only need to select the notification to download your saved data.
- When you download or install a compatible PS5 game with PS4 save data, such as the PS5 version of a game that was also released on PS4, the same notification will appear (if the game supports this feature).
- Suspension : Online storage of save data requires a PlayStation Plus subscription.
- Transfer data between PS5 consoles. Now you can easily transfer PS5 console data such as games, save data, user profiles, screenshots and videos to another PS5 console via Wi-Fi or LAN cable. Data can be transferred during the initial setup of the PS5 console or beyond, from the Settings menu. This process does not delete or modify data from the original PS5 console.
- Screen reader improvements. The screen reader now provides more detailed directions when navigating the console, such as which direction you can move, or your current location if there are multiple items. Also, if you use it to read web pages, the section being read out loud will be framed.
- Wirelessly update the DualSense Wireless Controller software. It is now possible to update the DualSense Wireless Controller system software via a wireless connection. If you are having trouble updating the system software over a wireless connection, connect your console to the PS5 console using a USB cable. You will be able to use wireless connection in the next update.
Thanks to everyone who participated in the PS5 beta for helping us test these new features. Stay tuned for more updates in the coming months!
* When the system update rolls out globally in the coming months, players who want to take advantage of Discord’s voice chat functionality will be able to link their Discord and PlayStation Network accounts from the Discord app on Windows, Mac, or mobile, just as they can do so Today. Linking Discord and PlayStation Network accounts from the PS5 console is only required for beta participants and during the testing phase.
** Videos less than 3 minutes long that are not in 4K quality can be downloaded from the PS app.
*** Results may vary by game. 1440p video output on PS5 requires a TV or computer monitor compatible with 1440p/60Hz, or 1440p/60Hz and 120Hz.
You can buy the PS5 from Amazon Priced at 549.99 euros by invitation.